SPOKANE VALLEY, Washington—Albrecht Law, PLLC founder, Matthew Albrecht, presented at the American Bar Association’s The Next Generation and the Future of Business Litigation conference, held…
Our Attorneys Handle Appeals, Claims, and Lawsuits Against Insurers When Our Clients Face Insurance Disputes in Spokane, Washington
If you pay your insurance premiums, you would likely trust that your insurer will pay your claim should you require coverage. Similarly, you may assume that you will be offered the proper compensation if you are harmed by the actions of another and you file a claim against their liability insurance policy. Unfortunately, insurance claims are wrongly and unfairly denied all the time. In such situations, you should work with an experienced insurance disputes attorney to investigate and appeal your claim denial.
If you have an insurance dispute or are dealing with a claim denial, one of our Spokane insurance dispute lawyers at Albrecht Law PLLC can help you take appropriate action. Time is of the essence when dealing with a denied insurance claim. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation.
Types of Insurance Claim Denial Cases We Manage
If you have been denied insurance claim benefits to which you believe you are entitled, it’s important to consult with an attorney. We have experience representing clients in myriad claim denial and claim dispute types in the state of Washington, including:
- Insurance bad faith
- Health, life, and disability insurance claims
- Bodily injury and property damage car insurance claims
- Homeowners’, renters’, and property insurance claims
- Uninsured and underinsured insurance claims
Contact Albrecht Law PLLC today to schedule a free consultation regarding your insurance dispute in the state of Washington.
Why Are Insurance Claims Denied?
There are numerous reasons why an insurance company may deny your claim. Some of the primary reasons for claim denials include:
- Your claim exceeds coverage limits
- You are filing a claim for coverage that you did not purchase/is not held by the other party
- Your insurer is acting in bad faith
- Your condition is pre-existing
- You missed important claim-filing deadlines
- You misrepresented information on your claim
- You failed to seek medical attention immediately following an accident
- You were at fault for the accident/you failed to do due diligence
Keep in mind that an insurance company will sometimes actively try to find ways to deny your claim, such as claiming that you were at fault for an accident — and therefore not entitled to coverage — even when this isn’t truly the case.
How Our Spokane Insurance Denial Lawyers Can Help
If your insurance claim has been denied, we can help you. We will:
- Review the reason for the denial (An insurance company must provide you with a reason for denying your claim)
- Gather evidence to support your claim
- Investigate the denial
- Appeal the denial
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Present evidence to your benefit
- Litigate your case if necessary
Insurance companies often have valid reasons for denying claims. But, sometimes, claims are denied merely as a tactic to save the insurance company money. When an insurance company acts in bad faith, we will be there to hold it accountable and improve your chances of recovering compensation.
Tips for Talking with an Insurance Company in the State of Washington
One great way to prevent your claim from being wrongfully denied or lowballed is to know how to talk with an insurance company; you never want to provide the insurer with information that it can then use against you. Some tips for talking with an insurance company include:
- Never give a recorded statement. It will inevitably be used against you at a later date.
- Never admit fault.
- Never sign anything without a lawyer’s approval first, including a release of medical documents or a release of claim.
- Never accept a first offer.
- Never hyperbolize your claim or misrepresent the facts of your case.
In addition to the above, it’s important to not delay in notifying your insurer after an accident/when you need to file a claim. If you wait too long to provide your insurer with notice, you may be denied coverage based on this.
Work with an Experienced Spokane Insurance Denial Lawyer
There are few things more frustrating than dealing with a denied insurance claim. If your insurance claim has been denied you need a lawyer. At the law offices of Albrecht Law, PLLC, we know how important it is for your claim to be approved. When you work with our law office, we will aggressively advocate for you.
We know the unscrupulous tactics that insurance companies use to deny or lowball claimants’ settlements. We take actions towards ensuring that bad faith actions don’t go unpenalized. We are prepared to pursue insurance litigation on your behalf when insurance companies act in bad faith to deny or minimize insurance policy claims.
What is the Consumer Protection Act in the State of Washington?
The Consumer Protection Act (CPA) is a Washington state law designed to help ensure that people and businesses are treated fairly. The CPA covers a wide range of commercial transactions, including many insurance policies. As the law statute states, the CPA prohibits “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in trade or commerce.” The law includes a private right of action. This means anyone affected by an unlawful, unfair or deceptive practice has the right to file a lawsuit against the offending party.
Bad Faith Insurance Claims Under the Consumer Protection Act (CPA): Your Guide to Damages
Through a bad faith insurance claim, a policyholder can seek financial compensation which may possibly include triple damages. In Washington state, insurance companies have a legal responsibility to act in good faith. The Washington Consumer Protection Act (CPA) is one of multiple state statutes that serves to protect policyholders.
Our Spokane insurance lawyers explain the key facts to know about bad faith claims and your right to seek damages under the Washington Consumer Protection Act.
Your Right to Seek Damages for Bad Faith Under the CPA
Through a CPA bad faith insurance claim in Washington, you can claim a wide range of damages, including:
- The Value of Your Initial Claim: If your claim was denied in bad faith by an insurance carrier, you have the right to seek compensation for the full value of your initial claim.
- Attorneys’ Fees and Other Legal Costs: An insured party has the right to seek compensation for reasonable attorneys’ fees and other related legal costs.
- Treble Damages: When an insured party suffers actual losses due to bad faith settlement practices, the CPA allows them to seek treble damages (triple damages) of up to a maximum of $25,000.
The CPA is not the only bad faith law in Washington. An insured party may also have a common law bad faith claim and a claim under the Insurance Fair Conduct Act (IFCA). A Spokane insurance law attorney will help you pursue every path to recover compensation.
Was Your Insurance Claim Denied in Eastern Washington?
We are available to help. At Albrecht Law PLLC, our attorneys wrote the book on insurance law in Washington state.
Reach out to us by phone or send us a direct message for a free, fully confidential review of your case. Our law firm provides insurance law representation throughout Spokane County, including in Spokane, Spokane Valley, Cheney, and Liberty Lake.
Albrecht Law PLLC — Our Clients Are More Than Just Cases